Sunday, February 3, 2013

Going 'Downton'

I have finally caught up with watching episodes of Downton Abbey. This series is highly addictive and I can't get enough of it! Season Three is off to a wonderful start. This nighttime soap opera has some great characters, absorbing storylines and subplots, surprises and heartbreak. I am hooked and couldn't be happier. It's nice to see intelligent entertainment on television in a market filled with reality shows featuring insipid celebrities and wannabe stars. Sometimes I think the networks are handing out shows to just about anyone. Still, there are some good shows on the telly but none make me want to watch them with the immediacy of Julian Fellowes' series. I'm also enjoying Ripper Street, Nashville (love the music) and Revenge (a guilty view since it's so implausible).

No comments:

Post a Comment