Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Here's my two cents worth

Last week another opinionated, obviously improperly read adult put their foot in their mouth by showcasing their ignorance in an opinion piece. By now anyone who reads Young Adult books has heard about the commentary by a Slate writer. My thoughts as an adult who proudly reads YA, watches YA movies, and writes YA:

I will read whatever the heck I want. It's my life, my eyes, my decision. 

How dare you pass judgment on others and dictate what they should be reading? And then make grossly ridiculous comments like calling popular bestsellers like Divergent "trashy?"

Um, what planet are you inhabiting?

Bloated buffoons have no right writing supposedly serious articles for any online outlet. If I want to read a literary work, I will. If I desire a teen book, guess what? I'll read it. Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Now let's spend our time on important things, like discussing how many tissues we used up while watching The Fault in our Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment