Friday, August 9, 2013

Good news, part II

What time is it? No, it's not time to sit down and watch an episode of Adventure Time on the Cartoon Network. I reserve that thirty-minute period to spend with my son along with Jake and Finn. What I am sharing now is a bit more good news about me. Drum roll please...
My adult paranormal short story, Powerless, has been accepted for inclusion in the upcoming anthology, Stalkers, edited by Cynthia Shepp and Rene Folsom. Stalkers is described as "a collection of thriller stories" and here's the listing of the stories and their authors which will be included:

Don't Kiss the Dead Fred by A.E. Killingsworth
Lucid by Andrea Stanet
Donations by Bart Hopkins
Bernice by Chad Foutz
Destination: Death by Eaton Thomas Palmer
Autumn by Elizabeth Collins
Dead Ringer by Jason Brant
Freezer Burn by Jon Messenger
Powerless by Laurie Treacy
The Watcher by Lindy Spencer
Immortal Luck by Magen McMinimy
Say My Name by Michael Loring
Damaged People by Nicki Scalise
Izzy's Assassin by Nicole Clark
Blog Stalker by Phil Taylor
Every Thorn by Rene Folsom
Affliction by S.L. Dearing

The cover (created by Rene Folsom, check out her website) is fantastic and I'm looking forward to reading every single story in this book. I am also ecstatic that my friend and fellow East Fishkill Women's Writing Group member and critique partner, Andrea Stanet, also has her urban fantasy story, Lucid, included. We both spent a lot of time and hard work on these stories. Writing under deadline reminds me of my newspaper days and e
ven though it was a tiring process, I enjoyed every single minute of it. 

Now that I have been accepted into two anthologies this summer, it will be exciting to change "writer" to "author" on my bio. For more information on the Stalkers anthology, check out Cynthia Shepp on Facebook or Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment