Saturday, October 1, 2011

To Blog Or Not?

I've been having an internal battle about blogging as an aspiring writer for quite some time now. I do blog, practically ever day as the main voice in the book review blog I run with my two daughters, Reader Girls, and that takes a great deal of time and energy. By no means am I complaining, I'm fortunate to meet the wonderful writers and readers in the blogosphere.


But... As a writer and one who will be actively pursuing publication in 2012, I do want to establish my author's voice. When I wrote for a local newspaper, I created a voice for the words following my byline. All of the theater reviews, interviews, people features and school events I covered all shared one common denominator: my style of writing. My blog needs this as well.


Since this is the first day of October, what better time to get back into the groove of blogging? After I hit the "publish" button over on my other site's daily feature, I'll think of something to post about here. Now to begin? Ha, the words already came to me a few minutes ago and that's why I created this post. 


OK, on to my next post then. I'll hope you'll visit as I begin my journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment